Closing Date: 30 June 2020
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory, which includes the MeerKAT and the African SKA programs, is now recruiting bright and enthusiastic Engineering and Science-Honours graduates for its internship program
South African citizens and permanent residents, who are:
- In the final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic and/or Computer
- In the final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Light Current
Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and/or Radio Frequency
- In the final year of a Bachelor of Mechanical / Electromechanical /
- Completing a Bachelor of Science Honours in Computer Science, Astronomy
/ Astrophysics, Applied Mathematics, or in Physics, with exceptional
programming skills and an interest in software development. Programming
skills must be clearly demonstrated in the candidate’s application.
Please take note that:
- Short-listed candidates will be assessed through an online assessment,
inAugust 2020. This assessment forms part of the selection/interview
process. Dates for the assessment will be communicated to short-listed
candidates, and are non-negotiable.
- Successful graduate interns will be based in Cape Town, for a period of
3 years, starting in approximately January 2021.
- Successful graduate interns may be required to complete a Masters degree
(part-time) during their 3-year internship.
How to Apply
To Apply -Submit the following documents as a SINGLE PDF document:
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of your South African ID document
- Certified copies of all your university transcripts to date
- A letter of motivation (max. 300 words) stating why you should be
selected for an internship
Email your application to: email@example.com