Exterior Cleaning-Tractor Driver
- Reference Number: refs/008417
- Directorate: Logistic
- Number of posts: 2
- Package: R 102 534.00-R 120 780.00 Plus Benefits
- Enquiries: Mr P.J Majoro TEL: 012 529 3656
- •Minimum of Abet level 4 /Grade 10 or 2 years experience in handling Health Care Waste. Extensive Experience in Hospital Exterior General Cleaning and Garden services in the clinical environment will be an added advantage. Must have a valid Drivers Licence not less than 2 years. Ability to read and write (as you will be expected to complete inspection forms to report any defaults on the tractor). Be prepared to ensure Tractors cleanliness pre and post trips and keep it in a safe lockable area. Possess physical strength, be in good health and able to cope with the physical demands of the post. Be prepared to work shifts including weekends and public holidays. Be prepared to rotate to different areas that require cleaning or maintenance. Be able to work in a team environment.
- Day to day removal of refuse within hospital corridors to the central storage areas, removal of waste timeously and control littering of the hospital by daily emptying of dust bins. Ensure medical waste is transported to the collection depot. coordination of duties and delegation of tasks. Overall proper and standardized maintenance of gardens, grounds and all hard surfaces, proper maintenance and handling of equipment and machinery in adherence to Occupational health and safety and infection control policies, refuse and rubble removal, perform any other support duties delegated by the Supervisor. Load and offload medical and general waste at the collection sites. Support services to the institution directorates, on removal and transportation of furniture and medical equipment. Transportation of vaculators, Oxygen cylinders and dispensary boxes.
- CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE. The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. The application must be submitted on the new Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy and a CV must be attached. The specific reference must be quoted. Applications must be delivered to Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive Ga-Rankuwa, 0208, Nurses Home Block 13 (HR Registry) or posted to Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks, identify verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital
Closing Date: 26-03-2021
|Do you have a minimum of Abet level 4 or Grade 10?|
|Do you have 2 years of Medical and General waste handling Experience?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.