Salaries Controller (C
SPAR North Rand, a division of The SPAR Group Ltd, is recruiting for a Salaries Controller at its Distribution Centre, located in Olifantsfontein. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION To ensure timeous preparation of payroll, employees are remunerated in accordance with legislation as well as collective agreements.
- Salaries: processing salaries for the company for various staff categories: permanent, fixed-term & contractors.
- Leave through ESS system: managing the entire leave process – processing, monitoring and reporting.
- Loading of staff expense claims EFT payments.
- Loading EFT file for net salary payments.
- Maintain system database: load new employees, update records, process terminations and transfers and any other changes.
- Submitting payslips to printers and dealing with payroll queries
- Processing yearly increases and bonuses
- Submitting monthly statutory returns (e.g. UIF)
- EMP201: Prepare EMP201’s monthly for staff, load EMP201 on SARS E-filing
- Printing annual IRP5’s
- Easy file submissions (EMP201, etc.).
- Annual COID returns and -payment.
- Prepare and timeously submit mid-month and month-end payroll reports
- Prepare and timeously submit reports/schedules for third party payments and ensure they are processed and paid over.
- Administer and accurately process statutory deductions and employee benefits while ensuring all HR policies and labour legislation are adhered to.
- Liaison with a retirement fund and medical aid administrators.
- Bookkeeping: Prepare monthly journals.
- Reconciliation of salaries-related general ledger accounts.
- Assist with annual salaries forecast and budget
- An accounting background; tertiary qualification would be an advantage.
- 8 years of experience in payroll administration.
- 5 years experience in payroll
- Payroll qualification / completed courses.
- Experience on Sage People 300 is a prerequisite
- ESS System for leave management.
- Good understanding of payroll principles and practice (policies and procedures)
- Working knowledge of employees tax legislation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (excellent command of Excel).
- Knowledge of benefits administration, legislative deductions and 3rd party administration.
- Accuracy, speed and attention to detail.
- Strong literacy and numeric skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and security.
- The SPAR Group LTD, with its head offices at 22 Chancery Lane in Pinetown, is collecting this information to enable us to facilitate your application and /or assess your suitability for the advertised position. This information will be used for this purpose only and disposed of thereafter unless you consent to the information being retained for marketing purposes.
- Where shortlisted, your information will be retained for a period of 3 months and disposed of immediately thereafter if you are unsuccessful in your application. Where employment is offered, it will be retained as part of your employee portfolio and secured accordingly.
- This information is given to us, by you, voluntarily and of your own free will.
- If you do not wish to provide us with this information, are unable to do so, or object to it being used, it will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the course of the recruitment process, and for matters related to your application only, we may share your information with third parties.
- You have the right to access this information while in our possession and make corrections if necessary.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint via email with the office of the Information Regulator, at complaints.IR@justice.gov.za, if you are unhappy with the manner in which we deal with your information.