Build key knowledge and a full understanding of our entire merchandise process under the direction of the Brand Merchant & the Talent Development Partner that will equip you to develop a category buy.
- Job Learning (Trade & Commercial Acumen):
- Apply learnt knowledge & skills by demonstrating awareness of the factors which could influence the way we perform in current trade, & manage opportunities & risks accordingly, considering the impact of competitors on our business.
- Sample Management:
- Manage the department samples in regard to our process from Fits, through to pre-production samples (PPS’s) ensuring an accurate record of each is kept, and stored for future reference. Overseas samples require tagging post-trip and storage for use in Strategies, reviews and assortment building processes.
- Job Learning (Seasonal Strategy):
- Learn to create a seasonal strategy in collaboration with planning in order to plan the product assortment, spend allocation, supplier plan and marketing focus for the season, to achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
- Job Learning (Assortment Building):
- Learn to prepare and present a well-considered product assortment according to the seasonal strategy.
- Ensure orders are captured on the system in time to ensure our buying critical path process is adhered to.
- Diploma/Degree in Fashion Design or Clothing Management.
- 0-1 Year experience in Manufacturing (advantageous).
- Knowledge/ Skills:
- Knowledge of garment construction, fabrics, fibres & quality.
- Mathematical skills.
- Negotiation & presentation skills.
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: Mr Price; Mr Price Home; Mr Price Sport; Miladys; Sheet Street and Mr Price Money.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.